Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Happy Fat Tuesday (on Wednesday...)



I had this idea in my mind for this card and it just didn't quite pan out, ever had one of those days? The more I worked on it, the less I liked it. I thought I'd share anyway because I love MARDI GRAS and carnival season! My DH was in the Marine Corps stationed in New Orleans for 3 years. This was before we had our kidlets and we really enjoyed our time there, especially carnival season! The parades were just fantastic! The people great and the food so awesome! It was just so cool to see this whole city come alive and get into the spirit! I don't know if any of you know this, but Mardi Gras Day (a/k/a Fat Tuesday) is actually a holiday in New Orleans. The whole city shuts down to celebrate this! I worked at a law firm and was amazed that we got a paid day off each year to celebrate and party!! Reminiscing, I really miss our time there, we had such good times with our military friends and local friends too! So thanks for bearing with me today!
Bella has purple stickles on her top and chalked pants. She also has CE on her sexy red toes and the cherry on her drink! I also used purple, yellow, and green rhinestone gem brads (Mardi Gras colors). Then I used my cuttlebug for the purple and green layer. Then stickers for the rest. I had to include the Bourbon street sign, as that is where we spent a lot of our time! LOL

5 comments:

deb said...

I love this card!! Great job! Never been there, but its #1 on our list this year!

Chris Scrappin and Stampin in Texas said...

very very cute.I have been to New Orleans a few times, but never for Mardi Gras. I did a centerpiece for mardi gras...
You were the one who did that fabulous Viking card. My dad is a huge Vikings fan and he would love it. Take care. Chris

Susan said...

OMG, love her!!!! Laissez les bon temps rouler, indeed!!!! :)

Kim said...

Sandie, that is really cute! Thanks for sharing and keep it up. MWAH, Kim luv2spendabella

Anonymous said...

How cute! Nice job, Sandie!