Thursday, January 31, 2008

Tequila Anyone?!



These are the cards I made recently for a Colors of the Rainbow Swap. I was in the green and yellow group. I did the green one first, which came to me pretty easily. I used stickles on the background and the olives. I also used crystal effects on her red toe nails! I was really stumped on the yellow one. I realized that yellow was not a color I used very often! But then I saw this lemon DP and knew right away what I wanted to do with it! The sentiment reads, "When life gives you lemons, use them to chase down tequila!" I saw this in a magazine and cut it out knowing that I would love to use this some time with a card! I was making my card with Cosmobella, from StampingBella.com, and was thinking how her martini glass had an olive in it, but everyone would understand. When all of a sudden, I had a thought! Bookwormabella, from StampingBella has a worm on it. So I stamped the little worm, cut him out, colored him and attached him over the olive in the glass. I then added crystal effects to make him stand out and to make sure he stayed secure on the card! The night I did this card, I had had a rough day with the kids, and was just in this spunky mood and could have easily had a shot or two myself! I had fun with both cards and am happy with how they turned out!

1 comment:

deb said...

WOW these are great also!! I love the martini! Again love the colors you used! And of course can't forget our BELLA'S!!
hugz