Monday, April 21, 2008

Back from Fargo.... with a Smile!


I had a fantastic weekend in sunny Fargo!!! If you know me, or have read my posts, you know I have twin girls. I belong to a Moms for Multiples club in our local area. This past weekend, was the 34th Annual Minnesota Mothers of Multiples State Workshop. I’m feeling so relaxed and refreshed, boy did I really need that!!! I shared a room with 3 other moms from my club. We had such a good time and stayed up late each night laughing, talking, laughing again, so hard I had tears coming out of my eyes and even started snorting! This may sound silly to some, but this was the first time since my girls were born (over 2 years) that I’ve been away overnight by myself without kids or husband!

We stayed at the Ramada Suites in Fargo where Chris Daughtry and some of Bon Jovi’s crew were staying. Many of the moms saw Daughtry, met him and got autographs. There were 234 women there with twins, 9 women with 2 sets of twins, 34 women with triplets, 4 women with quadruplets, and 3 women with quintuplets. Is that crazy or what?! There were break-out sessions with speakers and presentations on different topics you could choose. We also went shopping at the mall across the street. I don’t know the last time I got to really shop, take my time and even try things on!!!

I got home last night about 6:00 in time for dinner with my hubby and the kids. Oh, this was also DH’s first time alone for a weekend with the kids! He said it was “perfect!” (Laughs!!) He wouldn’t tell me if it didn’t go perfectly if his life depended on it! He he he!! But that’s okay, I got what I needed this weekend and hopefully it will carry me through for a while!!!! He he he!

So today I made a card (3) for my three roommates on the trip! I feel like we bonded and are sort of Sistahs in Mommyhood of Multiples now! They are a great bunch, except for the fact that they are all originally from Wisconsin and are Packer fans!!! (They tried to convert me, but I’m a die-hard Vikings fan all the way!) I made a few mistakes in this one because I was hurrying over naptime, which is why I kept it for myself, but you’ll get the idea! I love this stamp and it’s the first time I’ve inked it up! I think I’ll be using it more in the future!

I used SU’s Cool Caribean paper for the card, Rose Red for the scallp trim, and then paper from SU’s Friends and Flowers Simply Scrappin’ Kit. Also used SU’s Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon and red brads. The dresses are colored with SU’s Rose Red, Tempting Turquoise, So Saffron, Certain Celery, and Close to Cocoa. I used stickles and crystal effects on the outfits to add some sparkle!

6 comments:

Card Creations said...

Wow I am so glad you got to get away and relax! I am sure your new friends that you connected will love that cards you made! they are great!

Patsy said...

What a cute card. Love your blog!!

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this card. Heck who am I kidding I love your blog. Thanx for sharing these. I hope that you had a blast and that you got to relax.

Inky Huggz,

Missy Olson
Angel Bella
Angel #1754
Team Leader of the
Hot 'n Flashy Angelettes
North Branch, MN

Kim's Life said...

Love the card! Glad you had a good time on "Mommy's Time Out"

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! I am glad you had a good time! I know how badly in need you were of this vacation!

Christi Flores said...

I am so glad that you got to get away and have some fun. I haven't been away from my boys and husband in atleast 4 years so I envy you. :) Your card is adorable!!!