Friday, August 29, 2008

How Sandie Got Her Groove Back!



Well I posted yesterday to Bellaholics saying that I was ready to get back in gear and looking for some new images to swap. Then today I sat down while the little darlings napped and suddenly I was cranking out cards!!! This is the first time I've used these particular Bella stamps and got to use some new paper I got (at the beginning of summer) and try out some new ideas. I really like the Cupcakeabella as she was inspired by this cute little ceramic photo holder in the shape of a cupcake that sits on my desk. Last time I was up north at my in-laws, us ladies went shopping at these cute little country stores that are loaded with fun goodies. I walked into the first one and they had all these adorable cereamic cupcake goodies!! I could have lost my mind! So many cute things, so many cute colors, but alas, my checkbook kept me in check and I only purchased this little ceramic cupcake that is sooo cute! I knew when I purchased the cupcake that I wanted to make a Bella card based on it. The Biker Babe card was fun because I used many shades of green (my favorite color) and I put some liquid applique on Bella's collar for the fleece. You can't really tell in the picture, but it looks really cute in person. The Baby Bella Pumpkin was just too fun. My best friend just had her third baby, third girl, and I thought this would be cute for her for Halloween! Lastly, Yogabella, I love, love, love her! I had bought the Serenity set from MFT right before Yogabella was released. But I just had to have her also! I love the paper with the blues and greens. Again, my favorite shade of green for the yoga mat, makes me want to get it out and do some yoga! After the week I had last week, I could use it! In brief, I was hit twice in the same parking lot, once while I was sitting in the parking space!!! Then the next day I was at my neighbor's house eating some fresh mango and within 20 minutes was on the floor with an allergic reaction! It was the scariest experience I have ever had! I could not breath and my face was so hot and red that my glasses were steaming up. My neighbor called 911 and the ambulance was there and had me at the hospital in no time flat! I had to stay in the ER for three hours with an IV full of Prednisone, Tagmet, and Benadryl. I also was given an EPI shot, no fun!!! I thought "this is the big one, I'm a goner!" My poor neighbor, she felt so bad... I have eaten mango many times before, but never again!!!





8 comments:

Card Creations said...

These are great cards.....I love stamping bella! Thanks for sharing.

Sarah Elliott said...

Awesome cards!! Wow what an experience I cannot image going through all that. Hope you're feeling better :-)

Cheribella said...

Just love all of your cards! My first visit to your blog and I love it! I have cupcakeabella but I prefer the way you have colored her over the way I have-but then I didn't have that adorable little inspiration either LOL. The biker is great in all the green~even green eye shadow. Great work.
Cheri

Martha said...

all the cards are great. but my favorites is the first one with the cupcake. great job.

Anonymous said...

I love your cards, they are fantastic! What an inspiration!

Meli Palmer said...

Oh my, that little pumpkin baby is so damned cute!

Carri D said...

love love love these bella cards. very cute

Anonymous said...

These are all adorable! You did a great job with all of them! I love how well the cupcake matches the ceramic one you got. I still love the biker and you did a great job on yogabella! These would all be cute together as a set!