Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Mother-in-Law's Birthday!


I made this card for my mother-in-law's birthday, which was this Tuesday, but we won't see her until she comes to our house this Tuesday. She's full of spunk and I think she'll like this card! I got the idea from an add in the newspaper flyers for a Dolly Mamas by Joey porcelain figure with the sentiment. I'm planning to do a little dinner party for her with a cake. She loves angels, so I am going to try my hand at making a cake in the shape of an angel and decorate it. I have never done anything like this, so stay tuned....! I have the very best mother-in-law in the world! Since the day I met her, she has treated me like one of her own, we are best friends, but she's also the most loving mother to me!! She truly is my inspiration and my model for what kind of parent I want to be. She also has been the most supportive and helpful person since I have had children. She is ALWAYS there for me when I need her and/or her help! As a matter of fact, she is coming this week because Paige has an appointment for an MRI in conjunction with her Sturge Weber. Grandma comes for every appointment to watch the kids for me while I take Paige for her medical stuff. She's also my concert going buddy! We go to all the country concerts we can! I think we've been to like 10 together now, we have so much fun! The best was last year's Tim McGraw/Faith Hill concert. We had front row seats and were standing with our arms resting on the stage, it was awesome!!!!! We both were like little giddy girls when Tim touched our hands!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the card Sandie....I'm glad you have that relationship with your MIL.....I am trying to be like her :~)

Thanks for sharing,
Pam in Ar.

Debby said...

You've been a busy gal. Your MIL is going to love the card. Cute cute cute!

Jacqueline TresBella said...

Love IT!!!! I love concerts too, especially when you are up close. My favorite is Keith Urban!

Jacqueline aka TresBella

Anonymous said...

Your MIL is sure to love the card. All of the bling is perfect for the card. You are very lucky to have a MIL like her, but then she is very lucky to havea DIL like you too.
Cheri

Anonymous said...

What a fun card! I am sure your MIL will love it. It looks perfect for a spunky lady!