Sunday, September 7, 2008

Wow... what a week... yet still stamped!












Wow, what a week we had...first, Parker, my just-turned 5 year old started Kindergarten this week. The school is right across the street from us, our front door looks right at the front door of the school. Ever since Parker could talk, he's been saying that, "when I'm 5 I get to go to the big school!" So here are a couple of pics of him on his first day. He got a nice big hug from his sisters for good luck. Group hug!!! My mother-in-law was here all week to help out, my daughter, Paige, had an MRI to check on her Sturge Weber, which I mentioned before, to see if the area of her brain that is affected has spread, grown, or changed in any way. We have to wait 72 hours for the results... we are hoping for great news!! It's so hard to go to the variuos appointments all the time and see my little baby go through so much, but she's tough, and as you can see from the pictures, quite a trooper! She's all smiles waiting for her procedure! She's pulling the curtain open and shut to play peek-a-boo with the nurses and technicians outside her room. Isn't she darling?! We also celebrated Grandma's birthday with a special dinner for her and I made her an angel cake. She loves angels, wears one on her shirt every single day, so I made a cake in the shape of an angel and frosted and decorated it. Parker drew her pictures and I gave her the card I made for her, see below. She is so awesome and was such a help with everything we needed to accomplish through the week. I'm always sad to see her go. She's only 2 hours and 15 minutes away, but I wish we were only blocks away! Also, I spent the weekend getting prepared for my latest challenge to come! Tomorrow morning I am starting to babysit full-time for my DH's cousin's son, who is 14 months old. I know, I'm crazy, right?!! I just get one in Kindergarten and add another!!! But I think it will work out great for both of us, I'm actually excited and hoping my girls love the idea of someone smaller than them to play with (or boss around!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What an adorable family you have!