Friday, August 29, 2008

My Baby is 5!!!!


Here is a picture of the thank you cards I made for my son, Parker's, birthday last week. He just turned 5 and is geared up to start Kindergarten next Thursday and is so excited! I have mixed feelings... I can't believe my baby is going to school! We went to the State Fair for his birthday and it happened to be the Governor's Fire Prevention Day, and my son is totally into firemen and anything to do with being a fireman!! He had such a good time and did some fire safety activities, got a fire hat, etc. Then when we got home, our neighbor had put up a fireman birthday banner on the garage with fireman balloons on the mailbox and garage. Three of the neighbor families came over and had a little party for him in the yard. He had presents, cupcakes, a fire truck pinata, the whole thing! We really have an awesome group of neighbors and they sure came together for that night. We all help each other out with watching kids and whatever may come up. This summer, us ladies met outside at night often to "support" each other (vent) and just to laugh and relax after getting kids into bed! My husband calls us the "sewing circle." I used the fireman stamps I have from High Hopes for the card. I made the cards, but Parker personally wrote on the inside of each of them. He was so proud to do it and is very good at writing.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the card! What great neighbors you have. My youngest son went through the same fireman phase at your son's age. It was all quite fun watching him play fireman. Now he is 19 and in training to be a volunteer fireman. Some things they just don't out grow.

Debby said...

Cute! I love your bellas too. Nice job!

Ice Escape said...

The fireman card is absolutly darling!! Love the bellas too! TFS!
**HeatheR**

Anonymous said...

How lucky that all the fireman stuff was at the fair! How lucky! I know how much Parker loves firemen!