Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Fun with Cakeabella




Here are some cards that I made today for various birthdays! I'm way behind this year again in getting cards done and out in time!! I'm happy with how these turned out. Of course, they were CASE'd from some of my favorite SCS artists (except for the paper, ribbon, and embellishment choices, and a few changes here and there!) lol


The first Cakeabella I used Basic Grey Gypsy PP, SU Almost Amethyst, Green Galore, and Pale Plum cardstock. The ribbon is from SU and flower embellishments are from Target (I forget the company), but aren't they cute?! I added yellow lemon ice stickles to her hair and the candle flame. I also added crystal ice stickles to the bottom row of icing on the cake. I used SU markers to color her in.


The second Cakeabella I used SU Gable Green, Pixie Pink, and Confetti White cardstock. The ribbon is from Michael's. I also added green brads in the cornders and lemon ice stickles to her hair. I used SU markers to color her in as well.


The last Bella, I love! I CASE'd this one from the very talented Julie Masse (with the exception of the sentiment and flower). I used Basic Grey Gypsy PP, SU Pumpkin Pie, Green Galore, and Whisper White cardstock. The ribbon is from a misc. stamp shop. I paper-pieced her apron from the Gypsy paper and added a black brad in the flower center!


On all of these cards, I tried out some of my favorite techniques and used different punches. I had a lot of fun playing and today and am excited to get some of my birthday cards in the mail tomorrow! Thanks for looking

9 comments:

simone said...

great cards, thanks for shearing
Greetings from Simone

christine said...

luv the cards
awsome job!

Loreen said...

Beautiful Cards =) Thanks for sharing.

stampingtink said...

Great cards and I love how you use your ribbon! Mind if I case a couple of techniques?

Coleen Verner said...

Those are sooooo pretty! Thanks for sharing!

Lori said...

Love your birthday cards. It's nice to have a set ready to go.

Sandie said...

Susan,

No, not at all!!! I usually get my best ideas off SCS!

Thanks everyone for your nice comments!

Sandie

Anonymous said...

These turned out so cute! I love them all and I am so happy you are sharing more cards! Great job! What are our lunch plans?

Christi Flores said...

All of your cards are awesome!!