Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Flowahbella!


I made this card for my step-sister, Bev's, birthday. So about my extended family.... keep this one straight... I have 4 step-sisters, 2 step-brothers, 3 half brothers and 1 half sister. Whew! I am actually the only child of my parents and grew up being the only child in the house after my parents got divorced. Wait until I have to explain this one to my kids... lol!!


Anyway, I really loved this card, I saw a similar one on SCS. The colors and the white background just called out to me. I CASEd the layout and colors, but changed the image and the flowers. I really like how it turned out! I used stickles on the hem of her dress and on her flowers. Then I could not get the right combination of scallop and circle punches going, so I used these foam sticker flowers that I had bought for the kids to play with. Turns out they were the perfect color and sizes and add texture to the card! Oh, I have to explain the orange stickles near the flowers. Since having the twins after Parker, we really needed more space, so had to combine my craft room with the office (which includes 2 computers). So now my desk is also my working/crafting table as well as my desk for the bills, and every other piece of paper that comes through the door, kids' school projects, junk mail, pictures, etc. It's just crazy! So anyway, I did orange stickles on the flowers and of course while I had it laying down to dry, I smudged the stickles before they dried. Too much junk around me! Happens every time! I had completely finished the card though, so I just made it longer to look like a ribbon, don't know if it really worked?! Oops!


I made the sentiment on the computer and printed it out on colored card stock. I really don't have many sentiment or alphabet stamps, but for now the computer works just as well!

1 comment:

Coleen Verner said...

Those are all so pretty! I love all the colors you used for each card! Great job!